TiF-100. Ti:Sapphire Femtosecond Solid-State Oscillator
|Standard models and available pump laser power matrix|
|TiF-100ST (standard wavelength range)*||TiF-100LW (extended IR range)*|
|Pump laser power||Wavelength tuning||Output power1)||Wavelength tuning||Output power|
|4 W||735-870 nm||>500 mW||n/a||n/a|
|5 W||730-875 nm||>650 mW||830-950 nm||>200 mW at 950 nm|
|6 W||725-880 nm||>850 mW||830-960 nm||>200 mW at 960 nm|
|8 W||720-885 nm||>1.25 W||830-970 nm||>200 mW at 970 nm|
|10 W||715-890 nm||>1.55 W||830-980 nm||>150 mW at 980 nm|
|18 W||720-950 nm||>3 W||850-1040 nm||>200 mW at 1040 nm|
|* - it might be possible to combine both ranges in a single laser system, please enquire for details; other pump power ratings available on request.|
|General optical specifications|
|Output pulse duration1)||<100 fs|
|Spectrum width1) (FWHM)||>8 nm|
|Pulse repetition rate (fixed)||80±10 MHz|
|Pump laser||integrated or stand-alone DPSS 500...550 nm low-noise laser (up to 18 W)|
|Beam mode||TEM00 (M^2 <1.2)|
|Beam diameter (at 1/e^2)||<2 mm|
|Output polarization||linear, horizontal, PER >20 dB|
|Beam divergence||<1 mrad|
|Long-term stability2)||<0.2% rms|
|Physical dimensions (L × W × H)|
|Laser head||516 × 350 × 118 mm (including an integrated pump laser with up to 12 W power)
615 × 402 × 133 mm (including an integrated 18-W pump laser)
|Pump laser control unit||353 × 360 × 119 mm|
|Closed-loop chiller||430 × 440 × 190 mm (4U 19")|
|Environmental and utility specifications|
|Operating temperature||15-30 °C|
|Relative humidity||<60%, non-condensing|
|Voltage||single-phase; 100-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||<2 kW|
|Available configuration packages4)|
|Thermally stabilized monolithic body||included in any package|
|Pulse train SMA output with mode-lock LED||included in any package|
|“Auto” factory package||- built-in spectrometer
- single-touch wavelength tuning w. presets
- built-in power meter
- active output power stability locking
- Windows software with configurable widgets
- automatic mode-lock start and monitoring
PC requirements: USB 2.0 port, Windows 10
|"Basic" factory package (default)||- push-button starter
- USB 2.0 wavelength tuning via step-motor slit (via step number information and calibration)
PC requirements: USB 2.0 port, Windows 10
|“Manual” factory package||- push-button starter
- manual wavelength tuning slit
|1) - when tuned to 800 nm central wavelength;
2) - after 30 min warm-up with cold start, during 12-hour continuous operation under equal room temperature conditions using recommended stabilized closed-loop chiller with proper capacity and recommended low-noise on-board integrated highly stable pump laser with active power locking;
3) - measured from 10 Hz to 10 MHz;
4) - please select one of the packages for your system; certain features may be tailored or combined differently according to specific customer requirements.
The TiF-100 laser system offers the highest average power and the broadest tuning range in the TiF laser family. The system emits spectrally-limited pulses with a duration shorter than 100 fs at 800 nm. Among the TiF series lasers, this model has the highest average output power, both in the pulsed femtosecond mode and in the continuous wave mode with a narrow linewidth. The unit is a flexible tool suitable for numerous applications and can really be a workhorse for many different projects going on simultaneously.
The system can be supplied as a stand-alone version for pumping by an external pump laser or as a version with an industry-standard pump laser integrated on site or at our factory. However, the dimensions of the Ti:S laser head are the same for either version, the stand-alone version may later be fitted with an integrated pump laser at minimum additional cost. The acceptable pump laser power for the TiF-100 is up to 18 Watts. See tuning curves in the datasheet for output power vs. wavelength dependence.
There are three pre-designed factory supply packages:
- the ‘Manual’ factory package includes a push-button non-automatic electric starter and allows manual tuning of the wavelength and pulse duration setting by using micrometer screws placed on the side walls of the laser box.
- the ‘Basic’ factory package includes a simple USB motorized wavelength tuning slit and a push-button non-automatic electric starter. Wavelength tuning and calibration with this package is done via step number information in basic Windows software.
- the ‘Auto’ factory package includes a built-in spectrometer and power meter, single-touch wavelength tuning with presets, configurable widget software, active power lock function and automatic mode-lock start and monitoring. With this package the system boasts exceptional long-term stability and longer uninterrupted runtime.
The system can also be equipped with an optional birefringent filter and optional etalons providing narrowband tunable CW regime over the whole tuning range.
An external prism pair or a tunable pulse compressor (the APC Kit or APC Pro units) for dispersion pre-compensation is also available.
The monolithic thermostabilized body of the TiF-100 provides excellent passive stability of the output radiation parameters.
- CW/fs switchable mode;
- synchronization to an external RF or optical reference (another laser) via ALock PLL solution;
- customized wavelength ranges in the range of 690 to 1040 nm
- Biological Imaging
- Time-Resolved Ultrafast Studies
- Conversion of Laser Radiation
- Laser Systems Design, Integration and Amplification
- Telecom and Semiconductor Studies
We have ramped up the maximum available output power for the TiF-100 series to more than 3 Watts at 800 nm, 100 fs, 80 MHz. The tuning range has also been extended to 720-950 nm, while an optional modification that covers 850-1040 nm is also avaiable. The system features a high-power low-noise integrated DPSS laser […]
TiF-100ST-F6 femtosecond Ti:S oscillator with Frep locking for multiphoton microscopy at CANDLE, Armenia
The TiF-100ST-F6 femtosecond Ti:S oscillator with a built-in pump laser, also equipped with the ALock PLL electronics unit for pulse repetition rate locking to an external RF source has been installed at the Synchrotron Research Institute’s CANDLE facility in Armenia. The setup has been developed and commercialized during the joint Russia-Armenia project supported by FASIE (Innovation […]