EFO-COMB. Optical Frequency Comb Synthesizer
|Comb spacing (Frep)||100 MHz|
|Stability with connection to an RF reference||<5·10^-13 at 1 s or same as reference|
|Stability with connection to an optical reference||<1·10^-16 at 1 s or same as reference|
|Tuning range of comb spacing||>0.7 MHz|
|Tuning range of offset frequency Fceo||>100 MHz|
|Optical outputs||2 or 4 fiber-coupled output ports or collimated free-space outputs at 1560 nm, 520-1000 nm, 1000-2200 nm, other wavelengths upon request (optional)|
|Central wavelength (fixed)||1560±10 nm|
|Full spectral coverage (with additional options)||520-1000 nm, 1000-2200 nm, other wavelengths upon request|
|Output power||>5 mW from each output;
>250 mW @ 1560 nm (optional);
>200 mW @1000-2200 nm (optional);
>80 mW @ 520-1000 nm (optional)
|Optical unit dimensions (L x W x H)||356 x 492 x 110 mm|
|Control rack dimensions (W x L)||640 x 553 mm (rack height depends on exact configuration)|
The EFO-COMB is a highly precise optical frequency synthesizer designed for a number of research and industrial applications, such as atom laser cooling, ultraprecise length measurements, optical clock, LIDARs, astronomy, ultra-stable microwave generators, optical transmission of frequency reference signals and timestamps, infrared spectroscopy etc.The EFO-COMB is a highly precise optical frequency synthesizer designed for a number of research and industrial applications, such as atom laser cooling, ultraprecise length measurements, optical clock, LIDARs, astronomy, ultra-stable microwave generators, optical transmission of frequency reference signals and timestamps, infrared spectroscopy etc.
The optical synthesizer unit is a turn-key device comprising an Er-doped mode-locked fiber laser with stabilization of pulse repetition rate frep and carrier envelope offset fceo. The comb generator unit may be designed to be referenced to an RF reference source (providing transfer stability of 5*10^-13 at 1 s), as well as to an optical reference system (down to ~1*10^-16 at 1 s). The system has a built-in supercontinuum generator and an f-2f interferometer for fceo stabilization. The standard unit features 4 low-power fiber-coupled outputs around 1560 nm for various applications and connection of various optional features. All-PM-fiber layout ensures turn-key uninterrupted operation. A separate control rack contains the PSU-CU unit, phase-lock loop (PLL) unit, data collection and indication system.
Modular system architecture allows seamless integration of optional features such as:
• stabilized supercontinuum spectral comb in the range of 1000-2200 nm, up to 200 mW
• stabilized supercontinuum spectral comb in the range of 500-1000 nm, up to 80 mW
• separate narrowband output(s) with Δλ ~2...5 nm anywhere in the range of 500-1000 nm and 1000-2200 nm
• high-power output at 1560 nm, up to 250 mW, frep and fceo stabilization
• high-power output at 780 nm, up to 100 mW, frep and fceo stabilization
• beat detection units (BDUs) providing RF beat signal between the optical frequency of the comb generator and an external continuous-wave laser
• phase-lock loop unit for stabilization of an external continuous wave laser to the optical frequency of the comb generator
• ultrastable RF output in the frequency range of 10 MHz to 10 GHz
• difference frequency generator (DFG) (e.g. 3400 nm)
Avesta is participating in Ultrafast Phenomena 2018 conference and tabletop exhibition in Hamburg, Germany (15-20 July). We would be glad to discuss any of the ongoing and future projects with the ultrafast community at our tabletop. Hope to see you soon!
Avesta’s facilities will be closed for the New Year break from 30 Dec 2017 till 08 Jan 2018. We will resume all operations on 09 Jan 2018. However, we hope to provide periodic e-mail correspondence during the holidays. We wish you a fruitful and prosperous Year 2018!