TiF-SP. Ti:Sapphire Femtosecond Solid-State Oscillator
|Compressed pulse duration with external compressor1),5)||<12 fs||<15 fs||<30 fs||<40 fs||15-50 fs (tunable)|
|Spectrum width (FWHM)1)||>80 nm||>60 nm||>30 nm||>20 nm||from 18 nm||to 65 nm|
|Central wavelength tuning||800±15 nm (fixed)||790-820 nm||770-840 nm||750-860 nm||790-820 nm||750-860 nm|
|Pump laser power||
> 800 mW
|General optical specifications|
|Pulse repetition rate (fixed)||80±10 MHz|
|Pump laser||integrated or stand-alone DPSS 532 nm low-noise laser (up to 10 W)|
|Beam diameter (at 1/e^2)||<2 mm|
|Output polarization||linear, horizontal, PER >20 dB|
|Beam divergence||<1 mrad|
|Long-term stability2)||<0.2% rms|
|Physical dimensions (L × W × H)|
|Laser head dimensions||513 × 268 × 120 mm (including integrated pump laser)|
|Pump laser control unit dimensions||353 × 360 × 119 mm|
|Closed-loop chiller dimensions||430 × 340 × 190 mm|
|Environmental and utility specifications|
|Operating temperature||15-30 °C|
|Relative humidity||<60%, non-condensing|
|Voltage||single-phase; 100-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||<2 kW|
|Available configuration packages3)|
|Thermally stabilized monolithic body||included in any package|
|Pulse train SMA output with mode-lock LED||included in any package|
|“Auto” factory package||- built-in spectrometer
- single-touch wavelength tuning w. presets
- built-in power meter
- active output power stability locking
- Windows software with configurable widgets
- automatic mode-lock start and monitoring
PC requirements: USB 2.0 port, Windows 10
|"Basic" factory package (default)||- mode-lock LED and push-button starter
- USB 2.0 wavelength tuning via step-motor slit (via step number information and calibration)
PC requirements: USB 2.0 port, Windows 10
|“Manual” factory package||- push-button starter
- manual wavelength tuning slit
|1) - when tuned to 800 nm central wavelength;
2) - after 30 min warm-up with cold start, during 12-hour continuous operation under equal room temperature conditions using recommended stabilized closed-loop chiller with proper capacity and recommended low-noise on-board integrated highly stable pump laser with active power locking;
3) - please select one of the packages for your system; certain features may be tailored or combined differently according to specific customer requirements;
4) - measured from 10 Hz to 10 MHz;
5) - external compressor is not included.
The TiF-SP laser system offers the shortest available pulse duration in the TiF family of Ti:S femtosecond laser oscillators. It is a robust tool for cutting-edge ultrafast research.
The system can be supplied as a stand-alone version for pumping with an external pump laser or a version with an integrated industry-standard pump laser on site or at our factory. However, the dimensions of the Ti:S laser head are the same for either version, the stand-alone version may later be fitted with an integrated pump laser at minimum additional cost. The acceptable pump laser power for the TiF-SP is up to 10 W.
The system is designed to operate 24/7 as a seed oscillator for our larger amplifier systems and thus inherits all the stability-enhancing design features. The system may be supplied pre-tuned to one of the available configurations (12, 15, 30 or 40 fs), with all the components inside the box being the same, or it can be equipped with an additional option to switch between these ranges. In this case, the broadness of the central wavelength tuning range of the spectrum increases with increasing pulse duration.
There are three pre-designed factory supply packages:
- a manual package includes a push-button non-automatic electric starter and allows manual tuning of the wavelength and pulse duration setting by using micrometer screws placed on the walls of the laser box.
- a basic factory package includes a simple USB motorized wavelength tuning slit and a push-button non-automatic electric starter. Wavelength tuning and calibration with this package is done via step number information in basic Windows software.
- the “Auto” factory package includes built-in spectrometer and power meter, single-touch wavelength tuning with presets, configurable widget software, active power lock function and automatic mode-lock start and monitoring. With this package the system boasts exceptional long-term stability and longer uninterrupted runtime.
The monolithic thermostabilized body of the TiF-SP provides excellent passive stability of the output radiation parameters.
An external prism pair or a tunable pulse compressor (the APC-Pro or APC-Kit units) for output pulse chirp compensation and pre-compensation are also available.
- Time-Resolved Ultrafast Studies
- Laser Systems Design, Integration and Amplification
- Telecom and Semiconductor Studies
- Metrology and Standards
- Other Fundamental and Applied Research
- Attosecond and X-Ray Generation
- High Harmonic Generation (HHG)
Avesta is participating in Ultrafast Phenomena 2018 conference and tabletop exhibition in Hamburg, Germany (15-20 July). We would be glad to discuss any of the ongoing and future projects with the ultrafast community at our tabletop. Hope to see you soon!
Avesta’s facilities will be closed for the New Year break from 30 Dec 2017 till 08 Jan 2018. We will resume all operations on 09 Jan 2018. However, we hope to provide periodic e-mail correspondence during the holidays. We wish you a fruitful and prosperous Year 2018!