TEMA. Yb-doped Solid-State Femtosecond Oscillator
|Output average power||>2 W||>5 W||>7 W|
|Output pulse duration1)||<70 fs||<100 fs||<150 fs|
|Spectrum width (FWHM)||>16 nm||>12 nm||>7.5 nm|
|Pulse energy||>28 nJ||>70 nJ||>100 nJ|
|Peak power||>400 kW||>700 kW||>660 kW|
|Central wavelength (fixed)||1050±5 nm|
|Pulse repetition rate (fixed)||70±5 MHz|
|Beam diameter (at 1/e^2)||1±0.2 mm|
|Output polarization||linear, horizontal|
|Beam divergence||<1.8±0.3 mrad|
|Long-term stability2)||<0.3% rms|
|Cold start warm-up time||<20 min|
|Laser head||closed-loop chiller included|
|Physical dimensions (L × W × H)|
|Laser head dimensions||412 × 190 × 93 mm|
|Laser control unit dimensions||290 × 200 × 80 mm|
|Closed-loop chiller dimensions||430 × 340 × 190 mm|
|Umbilical length||1.8 m|
|Environmental and utility specifications|
|Operating temperature||18-28 °C|
|Relative humidity||<60%, non-condensing|
|Voltage||single-phase; 100-240 VAC; 50/60 Hz|
|Power consumption||<1 kW|
|1) - sech2 pulse shape is used to determine the pulse duration, measured with the AA-20DD interferometric autocorrelator (Avesta);
2) - after 30 min warm-up with cold start, during 12-hour continuous operation under equal room temperature conditions using recommended stabilized closed-loop chiller with proper capacity.
The TEMA laser based on an Yb-doped crystal radiates at around 1-um wavelength with high average power, enabling the user to enjoy high power ratings at over-micron wavelengths. This design features an integrated pump diode module for greater system stability and turn-key operation. The monolithic thermally stabilized body of the laser ensures maximum rigidity, while self-starting design provides for easy "plug-and-play" operation.
Three basic models differ in pulse duration and output average power:
- the TEMA-70 features the shortest pulse duration of the series with widest spectrum width;
- the TEMA-100 offers a perfect balance between output pulse duration and average optical power;
- the TEMA-150 outputs the highest average power of the series, and is quite suitable for power-demanding applications, such as e.g. harmonic wavelength conversion and OPO pumping applications.
As for wavelength conversion options, the TEMA laser system is also used as a pump source for optical parametric generators (OPOs), that allow generation of ultrafast pulsed radiation from VIS into the IR and MIR regions. See our TOPOL series of OPO systems for more details.
The system might also be equipped with external harmonic generators of the AG series. Also note that a dedicated TEMA-DUO system with a compact built-in SHG module provides high-power fs radiation at 525 nm.
An optional pulse compressor also enables 15-fs pulse width generation with the TEMA system. Please enquire for further details about this option.
- Biological Imaging
- Time-Resolved Ultrafast Studies
- Conversion of Laser Radiation
- Material and Biological Tissue Processing
- Laser Systems Design, Integration and Amplification
- Telecom and Semiconductor Studies
Avesta’s facilities will be closed for the New Year break from 30 Dec 2017 till 08 Jan 2018. We will resume all operations on 09 Jan 2018. However, we hope to provide periodic e-mail correspondence during the holidays. We wish you a fruitful and prosperous Year 2018!
Avesta is participating in the “LASER World of PHOTONICS 2017” (Munich, Germany, 26-29 June 2017) trade show. Feel free to drop by our booth B2.151 to see the TeMa Yb laser system along with the AA-20 autocorrelator and GECON supercontinuum generator. The trade show participation is supported by the Russian Export Center and organized by Expocenter and Russian Laser Association.